Yayasan Konservasi Alam Nusantara (YKAN) is an organization that has a mission to protect the lands and waters on which all life depends. YKAN is an affiliate of The Nature Conservancy (TNC), a science-based organization and experienced in advancing conservation throughout the world since 1951. For more information, visit www.sayasigap.org.
We currently have several openings for:
SAVU SEA PROGRAM MANAGER
The Savu Sea Program Manager develops and implements key partnerships with public & private organizations, in collaboration with the Global Aquaculture lead and the corporate engagement team, marketing and communication team, and field offices, negotiating complex and innovative solutions to develop and implement conservation strategies that conserve and protect ocean ecosystems and flagship species’ habitats.
- Responsible for developing and implementing YKAN IOP program strategy in NTT/Savu Sea
- Responsible for the development of annual work plans, budgets, and progress reports, and ensuring all donor reporting in completed in a timely manner
- Helps write proposals for funding and support fundraising efforts as appropriate
- Explores and establishes partnerships with public, government, private and NGO sector organizations to advance the strategy objectives
- Under the guidance of IOP program manager, provides in a timely manner project reports and media and communication materials
- Assist the CTP Site Manager in staff management of the Savu Sea Program team, including team building, assessing capacity gaps and capacity building needs, and developing strategies to address them in collaboration with HRD
The Savu Sea Program Manager will report directly to Bird’s Head Seascape Manager. S/he is based in Kupang (East Nusa Tenggara).
- BA/BS degree and 7 years’ experience in conservation practice or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated experience in marine conservation practice, policy, and livelihoods improvement
- Experience managing complex or multiple projects, including staffing, workloads and finances under deadlines
- Supervisory experience, including motivating, leading, setting objectives and managing performance
- Experience in partnership development with non-profit partners, community groups and/or government agencies
- Experience negotiating
- Professional fluency in Indonesian and English
The Brackish Water Aquaculture Officer responsible in coordinating shrimp, fish, crabs, and seaweed aquacultures improvement program in partnership with local communities. The Officer will establish a productive collaboration with other stakeholders (industries associations, researcher, the government) in ensuring smooth project and program designs, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation.
- In collaboration with brackish water aquaculture experts, community partners, develop the program plan, secure ponds for responsible brackish water aquaculture
- Coordinating all stage of aquaculture cycles including pond preparation, selection of fish/shrimp fry, water quality and shrimp health management, feed management, and harvest and post-harvest handling
- Coordinating regular water and soil quality monitoring as well as shrimp health check
- Working with community, experts, and TNC team to develop Ecosystem Approach to Aquaculture (EAA) in the working areas
- Introducing sustainable brackish water aquaculture to the community by restoring mangroves in the designated areas according to EAA or other pond lay-out design by TNC expert team
- Providing information for relevant TNC team to develop proposals for fundraising
The Brackish Water Aquaculture Officer reports to the Berau Stakeholder Engagement Specialist and is based in Berau (East Kalimantan).
- Bachelor’s degree in aquaculture or related fields and have 2 years (S1) or 3 years (D3) work experience in shrimp aquaculture, vannamei or monodon shrimps
- Experience with field soil and water quality test, and shrimp health test kits
- Experience writing report and communications through emails
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite
- Experience coordinating multiple projects
The Event Coordinator provides support in various event activities, arranging appointments for the Directors to meet with prospects, drafting correspondence, planning logistics of meetings, and assisting with the planning of special events for prospects and donors. S/he performs administrative functions as required.
- Contact businesses and private individuals in order to set up appointments by Record names, addresses, and reactions of business contact
- Coordinate events of YKAN | TNC; Liaise with vendors, exhibitors and stakeholders and ensure everything is in order, manage all events set up
- Day-to-day administration of events and programs, restaurant / venue reservations, facilitating company attendees, monitoring registration, tracking RSVPs
- Assist meetings and arrangements for Directors initiatives
- Travel planning on conservation journey, conservation camp arrangement & monitoring
The Event Coordinator reports to the Executive Support & Coordinator and is based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years’ experience or equivalent combination
- Experience generating reports and interpreting data
- Experience in business writing, editing, and proofreading
- Experience organizing time and managing diverse activities to meet deadlines
- Experience working across teams and communicating with a wide range of people
- Experience in handling Events
Please send your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, not later than November 5, 2019. Please insert the position title you are interested to apply on the subject line.